Reasons to become a member of the HBA:
Strength in numbers. When you join the Home Builders Association of San Angelo (HBASA), you also become a member of the Texas Association of Builders (TAB) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
- Home Builders of San Angelo consists of 230+ members.
- TAB has almost 10,000 members across the state.
- NAHB has 140,000 members nationwide.
Legislative and Regulatory Advocacy at all levels of government: local, state and federal. From building permitting and development, to statewide tax issues, to federal safety regulation, your membership gives you a voice at city hall, the Texas Capitol, and in Washington, D.C.
- The City of San Angelo will soon be adopting the 2012 International Building Codes and the 2011 Electrical Code. The HBASA works closely with the City to review and modify necessary changes before they go into affect.
- During the 2015 Texas Legislative Session, TAB worked on over 1,100 bills that could have impacted the residential construction industry. Successful advocacy efforts by TAB, NAHB and the HBASA have saved builders and home buyers thousands of dollars per home each year. Collectively, these savings exceed several billion dollars and directly affect your business’ bottom line.
Project a positive image of your company to your customers. Membership in the HBASA demonstrates a business’ initiative, its engagement in the industry, and its commitment to staying abreast of current developments in the market.
Broaden your knowledge & gain a competitive edge. Your membership will help you stay on top of what's happening in the industry and may also inspire ideas to help you grow your business. Local education classes keep you informed and on the cutting-edge of new trends and initiatives.
Support Your Community. The HBASA has a history of giving back to our community in a variety ways. Each year, more than $20,000 is given to local charities through event partnerships. Two $1,000 scholarships are given to deserving local high school seniors.
The HBASA also partners with Operation FINALLY HOME to build mortgage-free homes for wounded veterans within the San Angelo area. Member volunteers contribute countless time and resources to making San Angelo and our local communities better places in which to live, work, and play.
Expand your professional network. Membership affords you opportunities to increase business and connect with other construction industry professionals through traditional membership meetings, after hours mixers, networking events, and state and national conferences.
Texas Residential Construction Contracts. Available to members only, this subscription of eight residential construction and remodeling contracts, as well as dozens of related addenda and associated agreements, serves as the foundation for most residential construction transactions in Texas. It allows contractors to save thousands of dollars in legal fees and stay up to date with new regulations and issues.
TAB’s (OSHA) Model Safety Plan. Available to members only, the Model Safety Plan may be used by builders for their company and jobsite-specific safety plans. Developed by TAB with input from OSHA safety experts, builders, remodelers and attorneys who specialize in OSHA law, the Model Construction Safety Program CD includes a User Guide, the Model Safety Plan, access to a training webinar and a Certificate of Completion.
Members only discounts. Easily cover the cost of your membership by taking advantage of discount programs offered by TAB & NAHB on products and services that you use everyday, from insurance to office supplies to General Motors vehicles.