Custom Home Builders
- Builds to the builder's specifications on land the buyer owns.
- Designed and constructed with all the desired features and elements.
- Higher-end and take longer to build.
- Alterations can cause costs to increase dramatically.
- Builds 25 or fewer homes a year.
- Builds based on existing blueprints, but can modify to personal preferences. Less flexibility.
- Builds on land the builder or the buyer owns.
- Because the home is not being designed from scratch, it often costs less and is completed in a faster timeframe than a full custom home.
- Builds 25 to hundreds a year.
- Homes are built in developments, on land the builder owns.
- Generally built in a fast timeframe.
- Standard plans, with a variety of choices and options.
- Homes look similar.
- May or may not offer options like flooring, appliances, cabinets, countertops, etc.